With this notice, I would like to inform you that I comply with the obligations of the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as ascribed in The Netherlands:
– by keeping personal data up to date
– by storing and destroying it securely
– by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data
– by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure
– by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data
Yours or your child’s personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and not be shared with third parties without your explicit instruction or permission to do so. Therapy notes are strictly confidential, unless otherwise ordered by the Court.
Regarding the law, I am required to keep data in accordance with the WKK-Gz restrictions on medical dossiers for a period of 15 years after our last contact. Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your (or your child under age 16) personal data:
-The right to request a copy of yours or your child’s personal data.
– The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for me to retain such data
– The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office
Other legal issues:
-Am mandated to report any physical and emotional abuse to reporting institutions and authorities
-Unless required by a court, I am not obligated to release any of my chart notes (written summary notes will not be provided either); any lawyer consultation for a court hearing will result in a 1,000 EUROS/hour service fee
I hope to have informed you sufficiently.
If you have any doubt or question, you can contact me directly on phone or email.
Thank you for your cooperation.